The Start of a New...Something...

As 2009 begins everyone is making resolutions. I am no execption. I usually hate making resolutions, but this year is different. This year I feel like change is all around us and it's impossible not to get involved. So here are 4 resolutions I'm making.

1) Write more
I've always had the urge to write. I always felt as though I had things to share. But have never been focused/disciplined enough to actually do it. 2008 brought so many new wonderful people in my life and what did they have in common? They were all into social media and blogging. So I figured what better way to jump back into writing than blogging. I can't promise I will blog daily, but my goal is at least once a week. Focus and discipline here I come.

2) Panic less

I am a very panicky. Which leads to being a huge worrier. Which will probably cause me to have a stroke or an ulcer. That aside, I am due to give birth next month and I need to learn how to relax. Not only will it help the birthing process, it should help me be a better first time mom. This may be the hardest resolution anyone has every made. But I will succeed, or at least panic that I won't ;).

3) Live by the idea that "Less is More"

With a baby on the way, a new car, hopefully a house, and the economy tanking this year there is no better time to cut back than '09. That means less trips to Starbucks and Cogo's and being more prepared. Basically before I purchase something I need to ask myself "Do I really need that?" if the answer is no, I won't buy it. Sounds simple enough doesn't it? But Less is More, doesn't just apply to new purchases. I will be purging my current life as well. Clothes I don't wear-gone, movies/books/cds I don't watch/read/listen to-gone, email that has been in my inbox since 2000-gone. I have so much extra clutter physical and cyber that I need to let go of. Less is More!

4) Clean more

Cleaning more kinda flows directly from the above. I need to work on keeping my apt. livable. Right now (and most of the time) I would be mortified if a visitor just stopped in. So the cleaning goal means if anyone drops by, my apt. will be presentable and I won't want to hang my head in shame.

So that is a bit about me. Most of my posts won't be this long, but when you start something, it takes some explaing. I hope you will share this journey with me.

Comments

  1. Congrats on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the interwebz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Congrats on all your big step resolutions! All four of those should also be my resolutions! Oh, laziness...it gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might want to start with returning some of the baby gifts... that might give you a little more room. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not A Good First

Life has a funny way …..

Make....The...Twitching...Stop!